At approximately 1:30
this afternoon (after spending the whole morning in bed with coffee and Sex and
the City) I realised it was finally time to say Au Revoir my summer clothes, and
bring my winter rags out of hibernation. After a couple of false starts, it is
finally winter. The hot water bottles are out and Friday nights are in with
cosy Peter Alexander pyjamas and the newest issue of Harpers Bazaar. Winter is
my favourite season for fashion; lush outwear, knitted sweaters, fluffy socks
and hats a-plenty. As I transition my wardrobe, I thought it would be nice to
share a few of my key pieces for winter. Hot water bottle, optional.
(clockwise from top left)
1. My Windsor Smith Envy boots never leave my feet, absolute perfection for those of us that can't quite stretch for the Balenciaga's at $1350 a pop.
2. Knitted sweaters kind of speak for themselves, Acne Studios Lia Twist sweater is the cosiest of them all, plus the colours are to die for.
3. I am rarely without a beanie, I always start off the day with one in my bag and it usually works its way on to my head. I love Carhartt beanies in my favourite colour.
4. Grown Vanilla and Orange Peel hand cream is totally necessary for cold weather. Plus it smells divine!
3. Red lipstick is definitely a winter staple of mine. I love a semi-matte pared with bare, pale skin and bold brows. Try NARS in Red Lizard.
4. Okay, the truth is out. I am a candle hoarder. Currently burning Matalan in Pomegranate and Amber.
5. A fabulous book is a must to curl up with on cold winter nights. This month I'll be re-reading my favourite; The Secret History by Donna Tartt
6. A steaming tall cup of Latte. Enough said.
7. Leather pants are probably my favourite trend this season. Wear them with everything, and I mean everything. I like 'em tight and dark like these Marc by Marc Jacobs.
8. Finally another soft spot of mine. Novelty socks that are perfect for the cut-out boot trend. I'm loving these Lazy Oaf pineapple socks.
xx Zoe

No comments:
Post a Comment